If you own your own website, there are a variety of things you can do to generate extra income for yourself. To enjoy the most success for your efforts, you must take into consideration your existing website content, as well as your particular target audience. You will also want to know the approximate number of visitors you regularly receive to your website.
Once you have this information, you can implement any of the following:
1. Include Google AdSense on your web pages. Google delivers text and image ads that are targeted to your site and its content. When people click on an ad, you will receive a portion of the amount paid to Google by the advertiser. On average, you can expect to receive anywhere between 2 cents to a dollar per click, depending on the keyword.
2. Make money selling other people’s products and services through affiliate programs. Each program you register for should provide you with an affiliate link to track your referrals. Depending on the program, you will normally be paid on a per-sale basis or for each sign-up you generate.
3. Sell advertising space on your website. You could sell banner and/or classified ads. If you want to make additional money, sell sponsor ads, and place them in a special section or towards the top of your website for the most exposure.
4. If you have enough webspace available on your server, you could rent web pages to other people. You could also give the web pages away for free, but include your banner or advertisement on them to generate income for yourself.
5. Charge people, a fee to access a dedicated part of your website. People will pay you money for your website content if it’s valuable to them. The content can be e-books, reports, software, etc.
6. Sell your own products or services. Of course, they should be related to your target audience. You will also want the ability to securely accept credit card payments directly from your website. Other forms of payment such as PayPal, ClickBank, etc. are also preferred. Delivery of your product should be as fast as possible.
7. Publish an e-zine from your website. Have people subscribe to the e-zine right from your website. In addition to direct sales of products or services you are promoting, you could sell classified or sponsor advertising inside your e-zine.
Each of these ideas will generate income, but if you are a new website owner, I recommend starting with Google AdSense. These ads continue to grow in popularity and are easy to customize and install on your web pages — simply copy and paste a block of HTML.
For new internet home business entrepreneurs, in addition to Google Ads, you should also consider affiliate programs. Most affiliate programs are free to join and usually offer marketing tools and resources that are readily available for your use.